One of the greatest assistants to being more self-aware to our known shortcomings and our unknown dysfunctions, (often call blind spots) is to invite a few people into our ‘space’ that have a different view to the view we have of ourselves. Here are some guidelines to the type of person to invite in your relational space for honesty:
- Willing to be honest, but speaks the truth with kindness.
- Recognise our potential and believes the best in us.
- Embodies gentle strength
- Has a humble desire to be helpful and serve us well
- Is seen as wise and insightful
- Knows us well and has the ability to be specific in feedback
- Is trustworthy